Homeowners Insurance in the Eastern Shore, in Central Maryland, and in Easton MD
Bayside Insurance has been providing the Annapolis and Upper Eastern Shore areas with the highest quality insurance products since 1977. With our homeowners insurance plans, we offer:
- Customization to fit your specific needs
- Over 35 years of industry experience
- Stress free, no-hassle customer service
- Superior insurance packages that are unequalled in the industry
- Quality, professional, and knowledgeable staff
To discuss homeowners insurance packages with one of our agents, request a quote online or call us today!
Choosing the Right Homeowners Insurance on the Eastern Shore and in Easton MD
Homeowners insurance is designed to provide coverage for different types of property for damage caused by perils. Perils are causes of loss—like tornadoes, fire, theft, and the like. You may choose from two general types of policies:
- A “named perils” policy that covers specific causes of loss which are named in a list.
- An “open perils” policy that covers all causes of loss with the exception of certain perils like flood.
You may add further coverage to all plans.
Basic types of homeowners insurance include:
- Homeowners 2 (HO-2) – This type covers specific, named perils, such as fire, theft, windstorm, and building collapse.
- Homeowners 3 (HO-3) – This type covers all perils, but excludes flood, earthquake, and other events.
- Homeowners 4 (HO-4) – HO-4 is coverage for renters.
- Homeowners 6 (HO-6) – HO-6 is coverage for condominium owners.
- Market Value or Older Homes – This type of policy is designed for older homes that would be cost-prohibitive to repair should they suffer a peril.
Homeowners 2 Insurance: Named Perils
HO-2 covers your home and other buildings on your property, and your belongings against a list of named perils. You can add other types of coverage to your HO-2 policy, such as special coverage for jewelry or antiques.
Homeowners 3 Insurance: All Perils (With Exclusions)
This comprehensive coverage offered by HO-3 covers all perils except those specifically excluded, such as war, earthquake, and other events. You can add other coverage to customize your plan. Contact your Bayside Insurance agent to learn more about HO-3 coverage.
Maryland Renters Insurance (HO-4) in Easton, MD
Even if the owner of your property has insured the dwelling in which you live, that policy does not cover damage or loss of your personal belongings, or the cost to repair any damage you may unintentionally cause to the dwelling. Bayside offers several renters policies, and you may also customize your own renters policy based on your specific needs.
Maryland Condominium Owners Insurance (HO-6) in Easton, MD
If you own a beach condo on the Eastern Shore or Central Maryland and rent it out to tenants, you know the issues that come up! Condo owners insurance protects you, as the unit owner, against damage or loss to your personal property. It covers the perils included in HO-2 homeowners insurance. You may also add coverage for interior improvements and betterments, and other damages not covered by the condominium association.
Not sure what type of homeowners insurance is right for you? Contact us to speak with an agent. At Bayside Insurance, we want you to be an informed consumer. We will take the time to explain any detail or aspect of any of the policies we carry.
Flood Insurance in Easton MD
Your home is more likely to be damaged by flood than by fire. There are different levels of flood insurance based on your home’s flood risk level—which Bayside Insurance can help you determine. Contact a Bayside Insurance agent to get a quote on Maryland flood insurance.